I am a: -Private Coach: IsiZulu -Language Practitioner -Lecturer (UJ) -Tutor/ Mentor: Scholars to Postgrads -Translator, Editor, Proofreader, Interpreter -Wits PhD Candidate (School of Languages)
I am patient and I get more motivated when I see my language students improve and getting things right. I enjoy seeing them delight from their achievements, especially when their grades improve at school and when they start speaking the language.
• Current: PhD (School of Language, Literature & Media)-WITS
• 2015: MA( Translation)-WITS
• 2013: BA Honours(Translation & Interpreting)-WITS
• 2001: BA Honours (IsiZulu)-UKZN
• 1999: BA (Linguistics)-UKZN
• -Successful translation of Wits Vice-Chancellor, Professor Adam Habib’s book, SA’s Suspended Revolution: Hopes and Prospects from English into isiZulu.
• -Publishing 2x isiZulu short stories.
• -Receiving merit awards from the University of KwaZulu-Natal and Wits University for outstanding performance.
I am passionate about teaching isiZulu.
I have been a language practitioner and tutor for over 15 years. I’m excellent and have received 2x merit awards for isiZulu from two universities respectively (UKZN and Wits).
I am an expert. I have coached learners in isIZulu at all levels. From Grade 1 to University postgraduate students and I have also taught adult beginners, from middle-aged to pensioners. I have also taken corporate groups of two to twelve learners.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR