I am a charismatic, kind and funny university student. I love watching anime, playing board games, volunteering and cycling.
Initially, I struggled with Math and Science, both in high school and University. However, I was able to overcome those struggles. As a result, I can relate to, empathize, sympathize, encourage, and be patient with learners and students.
• I am finishing my Industrial Engineering at Wits University(YOS4).
• I have been tutoring and mentoring with The African Sports and Scholastic Initiative for Students in Townships for 6 years now.
• Finishing my term in 2021 as an Executive Director of a tutoring NPO: The ASSIST, where I started off as a tutor in 2017.
• Being in my Senior year in Industrial engineering at Wits.
• 2022 marking my 6th year tutoring on a paid and voluntary basis.
I have been tutoring for 4 years now and Math is usually my preferred subject. This is because learners think that knowing Math is a talent and I love challenging that notion and instilling a growth mindset instead - learning through practice, failing, and applying effort consistently.
Life Sciences (Biology)
I love Life Sciences and transferring that love for the subject to learners is one my favorite experiences when tutoring. It was also the only subject in my matric that I got an A+ for.
I did Zulu as a Home Language at school and I was raised in a Zulu speaking home, so I am proficient in it.
Understanding all STEM subjects requires a growth mindset and being open to failing and experimenting. These are the values I love instilling to learners and doing subjects like Auxiliary Chem, Mechanics and Dynamics, Fluids, and Electrical Engineering further deepened my knowledge on the subject.
Engineering Math was the most difficult subject for me transitioning from high school. However, through failing and learning I learned the core principles of it, and now through my experience with the subject I help other first year students avoid the pitfalls and misconceptions I struggled with.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR