I love working with people and helping out in any way I can. I have recently graduated from UCT where I studied a BSc in ecology and biology.
I am patient and understanding. I know that everyone grasps concepts in their own way and at their own pace, so from my side, consideration and patience is key to your success. I have had holiday club, baby sitting and informal tutoring experience which have all taught me how to effectively communicate with different people.
• Matriculated from Clarendon High School for Girls in 2015 with 7 Distinctions
• 2015-2019: B.Sc Ecology and Evolution and Applied Biology at UCT
• Eastern Cape Matric of the year finalist in 2015.
• Provincial and National squash placing throughout high school.
• Completion of Grade 8 Royal Schools music examination in both flute and recorder
• Honours award for academics and colours Award for squash and music in high school.
I love Algebra and almost all aspects of Mathematics. Finished a first-year Mathematics course.
I matriculated with 81% for the subject. I also completed a first-year Physics course and have an interest in the forces aspect of Physics.
I completed a first-year Chemistry course. I am comfortable with all practical and theory aspects of Chemistry.
Life Sciences (Biology)
I thoroughly enjoyed Biology and completed a first-year Biology course. I currently study a second year biology course focusing on plants and animals. I am familiar with genetics and DNA and read up on Biology reports and research consistently.
I have completed the Royal Schools Music Exam at Grade 8 level for flute and recorder.
I absolutely love music, especially music theory. I would love to give flute lessons and tutor in music theory. I've been playing music since the age of 6. I've played in many concerts, music Eidsteddfods and music exams.
Gemma will travel up to 10km from Claremont, Cape Town, Western Cape to you.
Approximate location and area of coverage.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR