I am a retired teacher, and would love to continue teaching/tutoring. I thoroughly enjoy doing remedial interventions with particular interest in Maths and English Literacy.
I am great at helping others because I am non-judgmental; I am patient, systematic and have a keen eye to see a learner's strengths. I am able to isolate problems and address them accordingly.
• Transvaal Teacher's Diploma 1969
• Diploma in Remedial Education 1998
• I've taught Grade 1 to Grade 5 in various schools (Mainstream, Remedial and Special Needs Schools in Johannesburg, since 1970)
• I taught an illiterate uneducated Congolese child to read, write and do Maths. She was 11 years old at the time, and eventually did so well that she received the Headmaster's Award when she passed Grade 7 two years later.
• I taught a Korean boy English in order for him to catch up to his Grade.
I have taught for 40 years. I have taught Foundation Phase English, Phonics, Reading and Writing, Remedial, Creative Writing. I also have experience in editing.
I have taught Maths mainly in Primary School from Grade 1-5. I enjoy teaching Foundation Phase Maths, as well as filling in gaps with Learners who may have Remedial Difficulties.
I taught Arts and Crafts as a subject for the last 40 years, as well as Art as an extra mural/art club in Primary School. I am artistic and capable in sketching, painting and crafts.
I enjoy teaching Afrikaans to English Speaking Children from Grade 1 to Grade 5. Can Tutor In English
Helen will travel up to 15km from Randpark, Randburg, Gauteng to you.
Approximate location and area of coverage.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR