I am a friendly person who loves meeting new people and helping others. When I am not tutoring, I spend my time experimenting in the kitchen, running or doing pilates.
I enjoy helping others and I am passionate about helping young people reach their potential. This passion motivated me to study social work. I am patient and can empathize with learners who struggle. Especially, since I also struggled in school, but still managed to achieve good marks in matric by believing in myself and working hard.
• 2015 - Gap year with Youth With a Mission (YWAM) where I gained some experience tutoring and travelling
• 2016: First-year Bcom Accounting UCT
• 2017 - present: Bachelor of Social Work UCT
• I achieved 6 distinctions at the end of my matric year.
• I was accepted into my program of choice at the University of Cape Town.
• I have reached my final year in the Bachelor of Social Work program at UCT, and believe I will qualify as a Social Worker soon.
I initially struggled with Maths in high school, but really started enjoying the subject in matric and passed with 77%. I continued with some Maths courses in University. I have also taught maths in a volunteer program before.
I completed 1st year Bcom Accounting at the University of Cape Town, so I have a good understanding of the subject matter. I also have some experience teaching accounting in a volunteer program with an organisation called Sozo.
My home language is Afrikaans, so I have a good understanding of the language. I attended a bilingual school, where I was in the English class and often helped my English class mates with Afrikaans.
I received a distinction for English at Matric level and am confident and competent in my ability to teach others and help in their understanding.
I volunteered as an assistant teacher at an English language centre and have experience with the content and how lessons should be taught. I also achieved a distinction for English in Matric.
Luise will travel up to 10km from Eversdal, Cape Town, Western Cape to you.
Approximate location and area of coverage.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR