I am a kind and loving person who shows empathy towards people. I am positive, cheerful, very active and diligent in all that I do.
I have been Head of Chess from Grade 8 through to Matric and started it at my school myself. I was also head of Chapel and Spirituality in Matric. I was awarded the Galatians Trophy at the end of Matric which is awarded to a St Mary’s girl who displays the characteristics Paul writes about to the Galatians. I aim to lead by example and enjoy being involved in the successes of others.
• 2014: Matriculated with an 'A' average
• 2015-17: BSc in Genetics, Psychology, Physiology
• 2018: Human Genetics (Honours)
• 2019-2020: Studying Medicine (4th year)
• Various chess coaching experience
• Galatians Trophy- awarded to someone who displays the characteristics Paul writes about to the Galatians when he states, “The fruit of the spirit is love, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control”.
• Represented South Africa for Chess in France for under-12 girls.
• Academic Honours Blazer.
I enjoyed Mathematics at school and have volunteer experience with a program called Jump Maths, assisting teaching Maths to primary school children. I have completed a half-course in Mathematics at University level as well.
My home language is English and I received a distinction for the subject at IEB Matric.
I have completed a BSC degree and Honours and am currently studying Medicine. I would prefer not tutoring the seniors from Grade 10/11 as I haven't done the work in a while but I am most comfortable with up to Grade 9.
I am a English-speaking person who struggled with Afrikaans but through hard work I managed to end up with a good mark. I am comfortable with primary school Afrikaans.
I enjoyed learning subjects at school and I know helpful learning methods to help students.
I have coached both in Primary School, High School and privately. I represented Gauteng and South Africa in my school years. I have a great passion for the game and I hope to encourage and help other learners to enjoy and learn the game.
Bianca will travel up to 10km from The Gardens, Johannesburg, Gauteng to you.
Approximate location and area of coverage.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR