I am an enthusiastic university student who loves to learn and help others learn. I am friendly, diligent, and I care very much about doing well and helping my students to do the same.
I am able to simplify concepts and use metaphors to explain things, and I care about my students and their progress. I self taught the syllabus for my high school career up to Cambridge AS level, so I have learned how to figure out concepts and help others to understand them. I thoroughly enjoyed tutoring school children at Kumon, and also worked as a Statistics 101 tutor at Rhodes university.
• Achieved 7 distinctions in 2013 for AS levels through Cambridge
• Currently in my 2nd year studying a Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Entomology and Botany at Rhodes university
• I achieved the highest marks in South Africa for Biology and Geography at Cambridge AS level through the British International Distance College.
• I was able to achieve firsts in all my subjects in first year university and thus made the Dean's list in 2014.
Life Sciences (Biology)
Life Sciences was my favourite subject at school, and I have done very well in it, and continue to do so at university level. I have often helped my sister with this subject. I received the highest marks in South Africa at Cambridge AS level in 2012.
I have been able to understand and remember Geographical concepts throughout my school career. I took this subject again in my first year of university and achieved the highest marks in South Africa at Cambridge AS level for this in 2012.
I self taught this subject throughout my high school career, and managed to achieve good marks. I have experience helping with English tutoring at Kumon as well.
I self taught this subject and enjoy learning about the processes. I have continued this subject in my university career.
I self taught this subject, and developed the skills to figure out how to use equations on my own. It excites me, and I can simplify the concepts so that learners could better understand them. I have experience tutoring statistics 101 at university.
I strongly believe that different study methods work for different people. Self studying has enabled me to find what works for me and I hope to aid others in finding their optimal studying techniques.
I've found that maths can be very enjoyable when you understand how to do it, and practice is the best way to understand. When helping others with Maths, I try to focus on the joy you can get out of it, as this helped me to achieve better marks.
I have experience helping with English tutoring at Kumon as well as one on one tutoring. It is my home language, and I enjoy reading as many books as I can to improve it.
I did well in Statistics 101, and have experience tutoring university students at Rhodes University.
A lot of my friends found Chemistry difficult to understand, and I was able to help them with this. I am good at using equations and figuring out concepts.
I enjoyed taking Cell Biology in first semester and continue to study Biology in my second year of university.
Zoology is one of my favourite subjects and is one of my majors for my third year at university. My interest in this subject is a great help towards helping others to understand, remember and apply its teachings.
Botany is currently one of my majors in my third year of my B.Sc. degree. Plants fascinate me, and I am excited to help others understand the complex processes involved in Botanical studies.
Megan will travel up to 5km from Grahamstown, Eastern Cape to you.
Approximate location and area of coverage.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR