I love Mathematics and I have a broad knowledge of the subject having taught at both high school and university. In my spare time, I enjoy running and cycling, and learning new things on Khan Academy.
I love helping others to figure out problems. I am exceedingly patient, and I am able to break complicated problems down into manageable steps.
• 2000 - 2003 B.Sc (Applied Mathematics) UCT
• 2003 B.Sc Hons (Industrial Mathematics) UCT
• 2004 - 2007 M.Sc (Applied Mathematics) UCT
• 2008 - 2013 PhD (Applied Mathematics) UCT
• 2015 PGCE (FET phase) UNISA
• Winning 4 gold medals in the UCT Maths Competition.
• Graduating with a PhD in Applied Maths from UCT.
• Teaching Maths at RBHS, which has one of the top Maths Departments in the country.
I have pursued my PGCE in FET Phase, and I have 1 year teaching experience learners from Grade 8-12.
I have 8 months of teaching experience with Grade 11 and 12 Mathematics students.
The latest curriculum may be somewhat different to what I covered in 1999, but my experience with university Maths gives me the skills to tutor Additional Maths at the school level.
I have 10 years tutoring experience in the UCT Maths Department. I can also tutor most 1st year Maths courses. Key topics include Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus, and Differential Equations.
I have experience lecturing and tutoring Statistics at UCT.
William will travel up to 15km from Claremont, Cape Town, Western Cape to you.
Approximate location and area of coverage.
Click “Get a tutor” and we'll send matching tutors straight to your inbox. Plus only 40% of our tutor profiles are public – don't miss out on the other 60%GET A TUTOR